Kigali, 18 February 2017 – The Global Monitoring for environment and Security (GMES) and Africa, has begun a series of information sessions in the five regions of Africa, to sensitize stakeholders about guidelines on applying for its Grant. A joint AU-EU initiative administered by the AU Commission through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, GMES & Africa seeks to promote the development of local capacities, institutional, human and technical resources for access to and exploitation of Earth Observation-based services on an operational basis for sustainable development in Africa.
Read more: PDF
- iRwanda24: Global Monitoring of Environment and Security cooperation looks to funding.
- Bwiza.com: Kigali: GMES& Africa call institutions to apply for grants in environment protection
- Lightmagazine: AU trains on guidelines for environmental observation grants
- Aquilatimes.com: Kigali: Academic Institutions are receiving training to develop water and natural resource services
- Rwanda News Agency: L’UA forme les Institutions Africaines pour obtenir des subventions liées à l’Observation de l’Environnement