- The breadth of involvement of the partnership must be extended to bring more African and European national ministries and representatives of civil society and the business world into the process. Extending ownership will help ensure a multiplier effect on the work of the partnership.
- Mobilise human and financial resources to support more high priority projects.
- Complete GMES consultation and launch implementation phase.
- Implement African Research Grants Programme in order to provide AUC with the requisite experience and management capacity to administer an African Research Framework Programme.
- Strengthen AU-EU high –level Science policy dialogue.