The African Union - European Union Summit will be held on 29-30 November 2017 in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire.
African and European Heads of State and Government will gather for their 5th Summit under the central theme "Investing in youth for a sustainable future", together with the President of the European Council, the President of the European Commission, the President of the African Union and the Chairperson of the African Union Commission.
Taking stock of the progress made since the Brussels Summit in 2014, African and European Leaders will be given the opportunity to provide political guidance in order to jointly address current and future challenges and to deepen their strategic partnership, launched in 2007 with the adoption of the Joint Africa-EU Strategy.
This Summit will build on a series of preparatory events, aiming to bring the views of the key stakeholders of the Partnership. It includes the following:
- Africa-EU Civil Society Forum (11-12 July)
- Africa-Europe Youth Summit (9-11 October)
- Africa-EU Economic and Social Actors Forum (16-17 October)
- EU-Africa Business Forum 2017 (27 November)
- Africa-EU Local Governments Forum (27 November)
- Parliamentary Summit (27-28 November)
Follow the debate on twitter: #AUEU